Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Multi-Modal Literacies: Friday Night Lights

     Since we've been talking about texts as more than just the written word I wanted to talk about a TV show that I've fallen in love with.  I recently started watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix and I have to say I'm absolutely addicted.  This show didn't get very good ratings while it was on TV and it was eventually switched to DirecTV but I have to say it deserves a lot more credit than it was given.  There are many important themes explored throughout the show including family relationships, marriages, teenage relationships, and many issues faced by small town America.  While the premise of the show is about football, it really is about more than that.  I'm not really interested in football and sports shows but I loved this show.  I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking for a new show to watch.  It's also on the watch instantly queue on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment