Monday, April 25, 2011

Teaching Literature in Secondary Schools: Final Semester Reflection

Overall, I felt that this class taught me a lot about teaching literature to high school students.  I learned a lot about the different ways that literature can be taught as well as some of the different literary theories.  I also like the fact that last semester we mostly focused on young adult literature and this semester we mostly focused on the classics.  I think the pairing of the two classes really helped me find a good medium and I plan to use both types of books in my classroom.  I especially like the project that involves pairing the classics with young adult literature.  I think this is an excellent way to get students to see multiple sides of an issue and think critically about the themes presented in their literature.  I plan on using many of the lessons learned in this class in my future classroom.  It was was definitely a great learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment